Our adult day health center provides daily medical and social activities to prevent and postpone nursing home placement. Founded in 1982, we serve seniors and adults with limitations who live in the Greater New Bedford area.
Our center is Medicaid approved, handicap accessible and licensed to accommodate over 55 participants. We also provide intergenerational programs, lunch and shopping outings all accompanied with lots of fun and love.
Click on a category for more information:
Quality Medical Care
The professional, certified geriatric nursing staff at Project Independence is experienced and knowledgeable in providing team-based care for each individual’s medical needs.
Services provided are:
- Respiratory care
- Wound care
- Healing touch
- Catheter care
- Podiatry service
- Medical and physical review with physicians
- Referrals to community agencies
- Coordination and administration of medication
- Transportation coordination for medical appointments
- Health teaching & monitoring
- Tube feedings
- Oxygen therapy / Injections
Our multi-lingual, professional staff plans daily therapeutic, fun activities and outings to local shops and restaurants. To make each day a positive experience, these activities are facilitated by our certified Activities Director, occupational therapy assistant, and program aides and can be modified to fit your loved one’s abilities.
Our planned activities:
- Exercise programs including strength training and seated tap dancing
- Community outings
- Music therapy
- Pet therapy
- Arts and crafts
- Relaxation activities
- Activities of daily living program
- Mind stimulation games and activities
- Holiday parties
- Spiritual services
- Cultural clubs
- Social clubs (such as knitting and computer)
An advocate for all patients, a full time social worker is on staff to serve as a liaison between community services.
- Assists with the admitting process and transitions
- Coordinates transportation services
- Assists with coordinating “at home” services
- Counsels participants in dealing with life changes, grief and loss
A light breakfast, full lunch and snack will be provided for your loved one. All meals are culturally diverse, nutritionally balanced ,and modified, if needed, to meet each individual’s medical and dietary needs.
A Sample Menu may include:
- Hot Cereal
- Baked Chicken
- Rice and Vegetable
- Light Snack and Juice before going home
In accordance with Federal law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Project Independence Services, Inc. provides safe transportation for Project Independence Adult Day Health Center. Since 1987. We aim to serve our elders and disabled participants to provide them with comfort so they have a safe ride.
- We transport participants to and from home
- Our drivers are CPR and First Aide Certified
Gives me the chance to take care of myself so I can take care of my loved ones.
- Family Member